Monday, September 17, 2012

It IS Important

I'm sorry that I don't have a lesson plan ready for you today.  I don't know exactly what happened, but I got very behind on the blog last week (life, I guess).  I promise that I will have it up by Wednesday at the latest.

I do have something to leave with you today, though:

Recently, due to a list of events that I won't go into here, I've been kind of thinking about the possibility of going back to work:

  • Just putting Tyler into a public school; maybe he'll get the therapy and such that he needs (ha, ha)
  • Just putting Jason into K4, which seems to be the trend this year.  What if I don't and he's behind the rest of his classmates next year?
  • Just putting Justin into daycare. 
  • After all, I'm college educated and have great experience.  I should be able to get a good job and help with our rising expenses.
While in my heart I know the truth, these thoughts do run through my mind.

This morning my boys and I were sitting in chapel, waiting as the student body filed in.  My daughter's teacher stopped and leaned towards me.

"I just want to say 'Thank you' for being a stay-at-home mom.  It really is important."

I was very surprised and just said an awed "uh, thanks!" as she walked away.

Then I just closed my eyes and thanked God for a word fitly spoken.

I don't know why she thought to say that to me today, but it was the right words at the right time.

Being a stay-at-home mom IS important.

No comments:

Post a Comment